Early Learning Curriculum
Early Learning Centres enable children to take the first steps into Catholic education. Families can access a range of options ranging from the preschool only program (15 hours per week during school terms) to a fulltime preschool and childcare program.
Our Catholic Early Learning Centre Curriculum aims to:
- provide quality education for all preschool students in a Catholic Early Learning Centre context;
- build upon common language and shared understandings about what is significant in children’s learning in the early years;
- start with the children and their progression of learning, (ACT DET p2) with a curriculum based on sound understandings and knowledge about this particular early learning phase of children’s development (4 year olds);
- ensure that Catholic Early Learning Centre structures and settings promote the integrated nature of children’s learning across all areas of development as well as within each child’s individual progression of learning;
- provide documentation of progress that maps each child’s learning journey;
- build quality learning environments that best support and extend each child ; and
- build positive relationships with parents and caregivers based on mutual trust and open communication.
View our Catholic Early Learning Curriculum Guide for more information.