Who is exceeding expectation?
This is an opportunity to showcase and recognise their extraordinary ‘above and beyond’ commitment, innovation and talent
The Catholic Education Recognition Awards are held each year to pay tribute to exemplary practice, dedication, and innovation contributing to the system of Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn. The Awards will be held Term 3 during Catholic Schools Week on Friday 21 September 2018.
Nominations are open now and close COB 17 August 2018.
The Recognition Awards will be celebrated at Mass 4pm on 21 September at St Christopher’s Cathedral.
Recognition Awards Working Party
The Recognition Awards committee comprises six system principals including the Chair of the Principal’s Executive Council and is supported by the CEO Communication team. The Committee’s role has been to review the event and to develop an Award event that will share and celebrate extraordinary contributions to Catholic education.
The judging panel consists of the President of Principals’ Association (NSW Principal), an ACT Principal, Chair of CEC, Vicar for Education, and Performance Improvement Leaders. There will be provision for Conflict of Interest.
The Catholic Education Recognition Awards for 2018 exemplify the foundation elements of the Strategic Plan – Mission, Performance, and Service
- Mission – Faith formation, religious education, Catholic identity
- Performance – Student engagement, learning progress, teaching performance
- Service – Pastoral care, wellbeing and growth of students /and or staff, parent engagement and satisfaction, social justice, outreach
- The Director’s Award – In recognition of special service to Catholic Education
- The Archbishop’s Religious Education Award – An individual or group will be selected by the Archbishop in recognition of emerging leadership in Religious Education.
Categories 1, 2 & 3 will recognise two awardees – an individual or group nominated from NSW and one individual or group nominated from the ACT. Nominations can be made by any member of the school community – students, staff or parents.
Nominees will have demonstrated one or more of the following:
- Achieving exemplary progress
- Implementing novel approaches
- Positive influence on other parts of the system or could be scaled across the system.
- Demonstrated best practice, a system approach or initiative that can be scaled and imported to the system
- Extraordinary service over and above normal duties
- Collaborative effort of great benefit to the system
The Mass and Awards Reception is open for all staff members and families to attend. Numbers will be limited so guests need to register their attendance.
There will be a special welcome to early career teachers and new teachers to our system.
The Celebration of Mass and Awards ceremony will start at 4pm at St Christopher’s Cathedral followed by reception in the St Christopher’s piazza.